Table of Contents
There were two major research goals:
- What skills do learners need to demonstrate the learning objectives?
- Do learners have the right resources for those skills?
Prior to this project, the 6-month completion rates were 76%. After developing a targeted learning path 6-month completion rates rose to 83%.
“I sincerely appreciate all your help. The learning materials, study guide, and sample tests you created were excellent. You are extremely technically knowledgeable on the subject and excellent at explaining challenging concepts in an easy-to-understand way. This is a rare skill and you have mastered it.”Andrew D.
I conducted individual user interviews with 50+ learners that had taken and failed the exam at least once. These interviews centered around their preparations for the exam, experience with the exam, and course satisfaction. Questions asked:
- Tell me about your experience with the assessment.
- What surprises were on the assessment?
- Which learning materials were helpful?
- Which learning materials were missing?
- What gaps did you find in the learning materials that were on the assessment?
- What do you think would help you succeed on the next attempt?
I targeted three skills to develop competency: conceptual understanding, memorization, and objective feedback.
This is where the bulk of learning takes place. Because we learn differently I sought to develop resources for video instruction and hands-on practice. First I developed a study guide listing each concept covered with links to examples on W3Schools.com:
Finally, for learners that required additional hands-on practice, I outlined free online resources within three sources. I connect learners to one of these three resources based on prior experience and learning style.
Complete these interactive, tutorials on Codecademy.
Complete the interactive lessons on SoloLearn .
The quizlet offers learners multiple modes to work with the terms: