I have worked full-time remote for 10+ years and maintain high standards of productivity in a remote environment. Energized by new ideas and seeing projects completed. Love to learn and experiment with new ideas and approaches. I have a passion for good books, long walks, and dogs. If you bring your dog in public, I will ask to meet them! 🐶
Experienced leadership in design thinking and project management. I am a participatory leader and prefer to provide guidance, expectations, and allow contributors to manage their outcomes. My leadership highlights:
- Mentored a rolling cohort of 250-300 learners and managed learning outcomes.
- Chartered efforts to standardize instructional practices and developed a repository of instructional resources that improved teamwork, productivity, and increased learner outcomes.
- Provided leadership for visual components of the 2012 National Vice Presidential Campaign (view my contributions).
- Managed a small team of interns that helped with UX design.
- Led a campus-wide UX/UI redevelopment for Georgetown College, collaborating with 18 departments and over 120 web editors.
Coachability & Performance
Receive feedback and regularly practice self-reflection and self-assessment. Recognize when changes are needed and adapt to drive stronger visual outcomes and excel in my role. Some examples:
- Outperformed peers month-over-month with key metrics 10%+ above team average.
- Recognized by leadership for outstanding outcomes and customer support at WGU and received 2 organizational awards and 3 team awards.
- Completed U. Penn Resilience program and developed skills to thrive in challenging environments.
- Completed Simpli5 training to improve leadership skills and team dynamics. My strengths: Explore/Create & Execute/Deliver
Have a strong sense of empathy that enables me to focus on the needs of users and stakeholders. Ask guiding questions to clarify goals and understand the emotions that drive interactions and how they connect to goals.
Excel at problem-solving and work through a collaborative process with an emphasis on individual analysis. Am a strong visual thinker and use organizational principles to anchor my leadership and design efforts.
The eLearning product design was a project to increase learning outcomes, completion rates, and remove barriers in the learning journey. Through interviews and audits, key challenges were identified and solutions designed. Completion rates increased by 23.53% and learner satisfaction improved.
UI & Visual Design
My formal education in graphic design developed a solid foundation in color, typography, composition, and visual unity. My professional experience provides practical application to experiment with these skills and refine outcomes that deliver results to users. Enjoy exploring multiple creative solutions and iterative design.
The Third Century Campaign was a 5-year project that was designed. They needed a consistent look for what they presented throughout the entire campaign along with the ability to regularly add and update materials as projects changed and were updated. Flexibility was key. The solution was a luxurious portfolio binder (printed on linen with a clear foil stamping…so 😎) to present a series of printed pieces that utilized a similar two-color design. This prioritized the budget and allowed the presentation to be current, personalized, and consistent throughout the entire campaign.
Please view my resume and work history on LinkedIn.
M.F.A Savannah College of Art and Design
Savannah, GA · Major in Graphic Design
Thesis: UX Inclusive Design
B.A. Georgetown College
Georgetown, KY · Major in Graphic Design