- Choose a single Web 2.0 site from those listed at one of the following sources:
- Cool Web 2.0 Sites by Dan Fost and Ellen Lee for the San Francisco Chronicle
- What Is Web 2.0: Design Patterns and Business Models for the Next Generation of Software by Tim O’Reilly
- Attempt to locate a similar site that uses only Web 1.0 features.
- Compare and contrast the advantages and disadvantages of the Web 1.0 and Web 2.0 technologies used at the two sites. Consider the following questions:
- Which of the Web 2.0 technologies discussed in this unit are evident at the site? How well are they integrated?
- Would integrating additional community or collaboration features better meet the goal of the site?
- Does the Web 2.0 site offer any significant advantage(s) for the user?
- Which design is “simpler”? Which is easier to use?
- Compose a paper of at least 300 words that discusses your evaluation.
- Include a screen shot from both the Web 1.0 site and the Web 2.0 site in the write-up.
- Your analysis must contain a minimum of 300 words.
- Your analysis must be clearly written and easy to read.
- Your analysis must include a comparison of the characteristics of two sites: one that uses Web 1.0 technologies, and one that uses Web 2.0 technologies.
- Your analysis must include the following: title of the sites, links to the sites, and screen shots of both sites.